MINERAL COUNTY VOCATIONAL TECHNICAL CENTER
INTERNET ACCESS CONSENT AND WAIVER FORM
To the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the student named above:
The Mineral County Technical Center believes that Internet access benefits both educators and students. But it is the parent(s) or guardian(s) of students who are responsible for setting and conveying the standards that the students should follow. The Technical Center supports and respects each family's right to decide whether or not to apply for access.
The Mineral County Technical Center cannot control the information on the Internet. Sites accessible via the Internet may provide information that is inappropriate or potentially offensive to some people. While our intent is to make the Internet available to further our educational goals and objectives, parents should be aware that student account holders will have the ability to access unacceptable materials if they disregard the school's access rules stated below.
The student and his/her parent(s) or guardian(s) must understand that student access to the Internet is being developed to support the Technical Center 's educational objectives and mission. The specific conditions and services being offered can change at anytime. In addition, the Technical Center makes no warranties with respect to network service, and it specifically assumes no responsibilities for:
1. Any advice received by a student from a source outside the school, or any costs or charges incurred as a result of seeing or accepting such advice;
2. Any costs, liability or damages caused by the way the student chooses to use his/her network access;
3. Any consequences of service interruptions or changes, even if these disruptions arise from circumstances under the control of the Technical Center;
4. The privacy of electronic mail, which cannot be guaranteed.
These rules concerning Internet use and web publishing must be read and signed by you and your child.
* I will comply with all county/state policies concerning Internet access and web publishing
* I will limit my use of the Internet in school to only educational objectives;
* I will not retrieve or send unethical, illegal, immoral, or inappropriate information of any type;
* I will follow the rules on network etiquette, which include the use of appropriate language;
* I will not use abusive language of any type, including swearing and name-calling;
* I will not share my home address or phone number with another user for any purpose;
* I will not plagiarize information received in any form;
* I will not use another person's account and I will not share my password with anyone else;
* I will not attempt to bypass the security built into the system;
* I will not interfere with or disrupt network users, services or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer viruses, and using a network to make unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible via a network;
* I will not use the Internet access provided by the Technical Center for illegal purposes of any kind.
* I will not use Internet access to transmit threatening, obscene, or harassing materials.
By signing this waiver and consent, I understand and agree that the Mineral County Technical Center will not be held responsible if I participate in such activities. I understand my responsibility as a user of the Internet and have read the above rules and realize that any infraction will cancel my user privileges and may result in further disciplinary action, including suspension from school.
Please sign on the back of this form and return to the Mineral County Technical Center.
I have read the Internet Consent and Waiver Form for the use of Internet and web publishing in the classroom. I understand that this access is for educational purposes only and restricted to classroom assignments. In addition, I give permission for my picture taken at school functions to be used in school projects.
Student Name (please print): ____________________________
Student's Signature: _________________________________
As a sponsoring teacher, I have read the above information, discussed it with the student, and agree to promote this agreement with the student. I will not be responsible for the student's use of the network, if he/she has not followed the rules established in the above contract. As a sponsoring teacher, I will expect every student to abide by the rules at all times.
Teacher's Name (please print): ____________________________
Teacher's Signature: ____________________________________
PARENT OR GUARDIAN
As the parent (guardian) of ___________________ (child's name), I have read the Consent and Waiver Form for use of the Internet in the classroom and have discussed this with my son/daughter. I understand that this access is for educational purposes only, and that it is the responsibility of my child to restrict his use to the classroom projects assigned. I also accept full responsibility for supervision if and when my child's use of the Internet is in a setting other than school. I also understand that the teacher cannot be held responsible for intentional infractions of the above rules by my son/daughter.
I hereby give my permission for my child to use the Internet or create web pages at the Mineral County Technical Center. In addition, I give permission for any pictures of my child taken at school functions to be used in school projects..
Parent or Guardian (please print): ________________________________
Parent or Guardian Signature: ___________________________________